Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Sweet Potato Pie


This recipe is courtesy of Lou Cindy Lumpkin, an awesome classmate of mine from Georgia.  Need I say more?  She's from Georgia.  So, you know this is damn good!

Ingredients:

2 or 3 sweet potatoes
1/3 c. of butter
1 tsp. of vanilla
1 tsp. of cinnamon
3/4 c. of evaporated milk
1/2 cup of sugar or sugar substitute
2 beaten eggs
1/2 tsp of fresh nutmeg

1/3 c. of molasses

Directions:

Peel the potatoes, then boil the potatoes until tender.  Drain the water, be careful
of the steam. Let set aside.


Preheat the Oven to 375, mix together the butter and sugar first then add the eggs and stir.
Add sweet potatoes and mix well. Stir in milk, vanilla, salt, and spices and mix thoroughly. I put 1/3 cup of molasses to balance the sugar substitute.

Pour into pie shell and bake 40 minutes
I like to make my own pie shells, so they would have the homemade feel to them. My own touch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment